Burmese Mermaid

Burmese Mermaid
Burmese Pearl by Gerald Kelly

Wednesday, October 26, 2022

The Closed Book

 




The Burmese Mermaid realizes no one may open the book; in this case, read this blog. But it's quite alright. Words have their own mysterious existence. Written words don't need a human other than the author to create the mark. But I suppose a writer has a deep desire to share a perception, an experience, of what it means to be alive in the world. Stories guide us on our way home, providing light. 

I once got swept under the pull of Mother Ocean. So great was the roar and crash that I couldn't speak. So deafening was the world that I couldn't think or feel, it seemed. But the will is strong to rise to the surface and that is what I did eventually, gasping for air and saying out loud, "I want to live."

A woman with a voice is, by definition, a strong woman. 

No comments:

Post a Comment